71st Annual Meeting
The 71th Annual meeting of McLean Electric cooperative will be held June 21, 2016. A Dinner will be served from 5:00 to 6:20 with the Business Meeting starting at 6:30. Please plan to attend.Two Directors will be seated and Scholarships announced and topics of cooperative interest will be discussed.
McLean Electric Cooperative is very happy to announce the matching funds required to secure a Rural Development Loan and Grant was met by Cooperatives cooperating with Cooperatives. Reservation Telephone, Great River Energy, Garrison Memorial Hospital, Basin Electric, Cenex Harvest States Elevator and McLean Electric Cooperative pooled together $60,000 to get Federal Grant Funds in the amount of $300,000 for the Garrison Memorial Hospital Emergency Room project. This money along with another $55,000 from McLean Electric Cooperatives revolving loan fund total $415,000 that will be used to fund a good share of the project. The $415,000 will be a zero percent loan for 10 years. As the loan is paid back the money will be available for other community development or economic development projects in the area. McLean Electric General Manager Martin Dahl said” This could not have been done without the help of our friends, the other cooperatives serving the area. Thank you all for your monetary and personal support.” The project is just beginning and is scheduled to be completed by mid-September of this year.
Tod Graeber, Garrison Memorial Hospital; Delene Wilcox,CHS; Royce Aslakson, RTC; Erin Huntimer, Basin Electric; Al Christenson, GRE; Martin Dahl MEC
Secure and Convenient Bill Payment Options
Introducing Pay Now
- Fast One-Time Electric Bill Payment - No Registration Required
- Pay Now provides an online payment alternative to SmartHub
- Easy online bill payment, no registration required to login
- Streamlines the quick payment process, use your electric account number and last name or business name to access your account for payment
- If a match is found, the Pay Now Account Screen will be displayed with details of amount due
- If a match is not found, you will receive an error message
- Pay the total amount due or change the Pay Amount field to make a partial payment
- No stored payment information, credit card or checking account information entered each time a payment is made
- Simply click on the Pay Now hyperlink located on the menu bar
Please call 800-463-4922 or 701-463-2291, to speak with an electric billing representative if you have questions.
Q: How much will carbon-capture technology cost YOU?
A: > 70 percent!
How does that make you feel? Voice it at Action.coop.
Please help us keep your electric bills affordable. Leaders in Washington are beginning to discuss how they can use the Clean Air Act to regulate carbon dioxide emmissions from power plants. The problem that exisits is that the EPA wants a one size fits all approach. Unfortunatley, that technology is extreamly expensive and has not been proven to lower the emmissions from our power plants. Many American communities depend on coal-based generation for affordable electric power. Using the Clean Air Act to reduce carbon dioxide emissions from power plants could disproportionately burden these communities. for more information please go to www.Action.coop and see how you can help keep your electicty affordable.